- Help us preserve our collections for future generations by keeping a safe distance from works of art and not touching them, including outdoor sculpture.
- Please store umbrellas, large handbags, backpacks, and diaper bags (larger than 11″ x 15″ x 4″) in our visitor storage area. We reserve the right to inspect the contents of bags and parcels entering or leaving the Museum.
- Smoking, food, and drink are not permitted inside the Museum.
- Please ask a security officer before taking pictures. Photography is not permitted in certain exhibitions and flash photography is prohibited.
- Young children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets are welcome on our outdoor grounds. Service animals are permitted throughout the galleries and grounds. Pets and service animals must be on a leash at all times.
- Be courteous when using cell phones.
- For your safety and security, closed circuit television cameras record all activity in the galleries.
- The McNay does not provide changing rooms and restrooms may not be used as changing facilities for those shooting photos on the grounds. Changing on the grounds is strictly prohibited.
- Visitors are not permitted within the Museum without proper clothing, shirt, and/or shoes. Visitors wearing clothing deemed inappropriate will be denied access to the Museum or will be asked to leave the premises.
- Visitors are not allowed to enter or climb on the fountains or water features throughout the grounds.
The grounds of the Museum are free and open to the public for picnicking by small groups during designated hours and in areas that are not scheduled for Museum use. The McNay asks that picnickers be respectful of the grounds, other visitors, and outdoor art. Alcohol, cooking, and open fires are prohibited.
The Museum is located approximately 5 miles from downtown San Antonio at 6000 North New Braunfels Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78209.
In addition to free, on-site parking for cars and buses, the Museum is accessible on foot, via bicycle or taxi/Uber/Lyft (rates from downtown are usually $15-17). To plan your trip by bus, please use VIA’s “trip planner” tool at: https://www.viainfo.net/trip-planning/. See bus schedules, routes, and more at: https://www.viainfo.net/bus-schedules/.
Looking for transportation services for school trips, corporate trips, and more? National Charter Bus, GOGO Charters San Antonio, and San Antonio Charter Bus Company provide charter bus transportation to groups of all types across the United States.