The McNay is pleased to provide opportunities for both professional and amateur photographers taking formally posed, portrait-style photographs. Upon arrival, photographers must pay a fee (cash or check is accepted), or present your online pass.
All general admission, special admission, program fees, event tickets, donations, photography passes and memberships are final and non-refundable.
Grounds photography passes may be purchased online 48 hours in advance.
- Pay fee to the security officer patrolling the grounds.
- Base fee: $30
- For groups of 10 or more: $50
- For groups of 20 or more: $100
- If a photographer is shooting several different client sessions on the grounds in one day, the fee is charged per client.
- The McNay does not provide changing rooms and restrooms may not be used as changing facilities for those shooting on the grounds. Changing on the grounds is strictly prohibited.
Due to scheduled events, our areas immediately surrounding the mansion may be unavailable after 3 pm. These areas include, but are not limited to the mansion lawn, mansion covered patio, gazebo and koi pond, Koehler fountain, and the Stieren Center sculpture terrace. For specific inquiries, please use the inquiry form below.
- Interior locations include the Main Lobby, Grand Staircase, and the Blackburn Patio/Courtyard.
- These locations are available Mondays and Tuesdays from 9 am – 4 pm, and Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 am – 10 am and 6 pm – 7 pm, by appointment.
- Fee (includes 1 hour indoors and photography on the grounds at no additional charge): $125
- Additional successive hours may be reserved for $100/hour
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for indoor photography reservations. Reservations must be made three (3) days in advance for weekday bookings or four (4) days in advance for weekend bookings.