Grounds Photography Information
The McNay is pleased to provide opportunities for both professional and amateur photographers taking formally posed, portrait-style photographs. Upon arrival, photographers must pay a fee (cash or check is accepted), or present your online pass. All general admission, special admission, program fees, event tickets, donations, photography passes and memberships are final and non-refundable.
Grounds Photography COVID-19 Update
In our efforts to provide a safe and healthy environment for all visitors and staff, please wear a face mask or maintain a safe distance from other visitors during your photography session. Person(s) being photographed are not required to wear a mask when the photograph is being taken. If you are not able to adhere to our current policies, we respectfully ask that your return to visit us on a later date.
Purchase Your Pass
CLICK HERE to purchase your pass for Photography on the Museum grounds. Grounds photography passes may be purchased online 48 hours in advance.
- Pay fee to the security officer patrolling the grounds:
- Base fee, up to 10 guests: $30
For groups of 11 or more: $50(not available at this time) For groups of 20 or more: $100(not available at this time)
- If a photographer is shooting several different client sessions on the grounds in one day, the fee is charged per client.
- The McNay does not provide changing rooms and restrooms may not be used as changing facilities for those shooting on the grounds. Changing on the grounds is strictly prohibited.
- Photography clients may not wear swimwear or revealing attire.
- Museum galleries, lobbies or indoor courtyard are not available as sitting areas for portraits.
- Decorative objects and sculptures on the grounds may not be removed or rearranged.
- Do not climb on any of the sculptures.
- Do not stand on or in water fountain.
- Videotaping is permitted for personal use only and is prohibited in the use of publication, advertising, promotion, or marketing.
- Drones are not permitted for use anywhere on the grounds.
Due to scheduled events, our areas immediately surrounding the mansion may be unavailable after 3 pm. These areas include, but are not limited to the mansion lawn, mansion covered patio, gazebo and koi pond, Koehler fountain, and the Stieren Center sculpture terrace. For specific inquiries, please use the inquiry form below.
Indoor Photography COVID-19 Update
In our efforts to provide a safe and healthy environment for all visitors and staff, please limit photo session attendees to 10 or less people, including people being photographed, photographer, and support crew. Visitors and staff are required to wear face masks while in the Museum – including in the Museum’s Blackburn Patio. Person(s) being photographed can temporarily remove their mask at time picture is taken. If you are not able to adhere to our current policies, we respectfully ask that your return to visit us on a later date.
Indoor Photography Information
- Interior locations include the AT&T Lobby, Semmes Lobby staircase, and the Blackburn Patio.
- These locations are available Mondays and Tuesdays from 9 am – 4 pm, and Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 am – 10 am and 6 pm – 7 pm, by appointment.
- Fee (includes 1 hour indoors and photography on the grounds at no additional charge): $125
- Additional successive hours may be reserved for $100/hour
Make a Reservation
Please email email@example.com for indoor photography reservations. Reservations must be made three (3) days in advance for weekday bookings or four (4) days in advance for weekend bookings.