The Museum is located approximately 5 miles from downtown San Antonio at 6000 North New Braunfels Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78209.
In addition to free, on-site parking for cars and buses, the Museum is accessible on foot, via bicycle or taxi (rates from downtown are usually $15-17) and by local VIVA Culture Route Bus 11. Bus groups should call 210.824.5368 in advance to make parking arrangements.
Looking for transportation services for school trips, corporate trips, and more? National Charter Bus and Gogo Charters San Antonio provide charter bus transportation to groups of all types across the United States.
To find San Antonio hotels nearby, visit HotelsCombined
Accessibility & Special Services
Guests with special needs may call 210.824.5368 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. Wheelchairs are available for public use. Most of the galleries are wheelchair accessible; however, some areas require additional assistance.
- Help us preserve our collections for future generations by keeping a safe distance from works of art and not touching them.
- Please store umbrellas, large handbags, backpacks, and diaper bags (larger than 11" x 15" x 4") in our visitor storage area. We reserve the right to inspect the contents of bags and parcels entering or leaving the Museum.
- Smoking, food, and drink are not permitted inside the Museum.
- Please ask a security officer before taking pictures. Photography is not permitted in certain exhibitions and flash photography is prohibited.
- Young children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets are welcome on our outdoor grounds. Service animals are permitted throughout the galleries and grounds.
- Be courteous when using cell phones.
- For your safety and security, closed circuit television cameras record all activity in the galleries.
- The McNay does not provide changing rooms and restrooms may not be used as changing facilities for those shooting photos on the grounds. Changing on the grounds is strictly prohibited.
- Visitors are not permitted within the Museum without proper clothing, shirt, and/or shoes. Visitors wearing clothing deemed inappropriate will be denied access to the Museum or will be asked to leave the premises.
Bird Bakery sandwiches and cookies are available in the Museum Store, as well as a variety of soft drinks and light snacks. The surrounding area also offers a variety of restaurants. Visitor Services is happy to make recommendations.
The grounds of the Museum are free and open to the public for picnicking by small groups during designated hours and in areas that are not scheduled for Museum use. The McNay asks that picnickers be respectful of the grounds, other visitors, and outdoor art. Alcohol, cooking, and open fires are prohibited.