- All rental options include the facility and parking. As a bonus to your guests, museum galleries are open for the first hour of your event (based on the rental option).
- Based on museum business hours, rentals cannot start before 6:00 pm on Saturdays.
- The museum is open to the public until 9:00 pm every Thursday, so it is not available for private events.
- Fundraisers, political, and religious events are not permitted at the McNay.
- Clients are required to use one of the McNay’s approved caterers.
- All specialty lighting (up lighting, pin lighting, etc.) is handled through the McNay.
- Clients are allowed to bring in their own alcohol, but it must be served by the caterers TABC certified bartenders.
- An off-duty SAPD officer must be hired by the client. Contact information is in the rental contract.
- No open flames or ice sculptures are allowed inside the museum. They are permitted in the courtyard.
- Sparklers, red roses, rice, and streamers are not permitted for a bride/groom send-off.
- Tables and chairs can be rented through the Special Events office. Tables are $7.00 each and black resin folding chairs are $3 each. Chairs are for indoor use only.
For further questions regarding the McNay rental program, please contact the Event Rental Coordinator at 210.805.1782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.