The McNay is pleased to provide opportunities for both professional and amateur photographers taking formally posed, portrait-style photographs. Upon arrival, photographers must pay a fee (cash or check is accepted).
Note: In order to continue to provide and maintain the best facilities for you, there will be a price increase for both Grounds Photography and Indoor Photography, effective November 1, 2018.
- Pay fee to the security officer patrolling the grounds.
- Base fee: $20
- For groups of 10 or more: $50
- For groups of 20 or more: $100 (effective September 4, 2018)
- If a photographer is shooting several different client sessions on the grounds in one day, the fee is charged per client.
- The McNay does not provide changing rooms and restrooms may not be used as changing facilities for those shooting on the grounds. Changing on the grounds is strictly prohibited.
Photography sessions on the grounds: Due to scheduled events, our areas immediately surrounding the mansion may be unavailable after 3 pm. These areas include, but are not limited to the mansion lawn, mansion covered patio, gazebo and koi pond, Koehler fountain, and the Stieren Center sculpture terrace. For specific inquiries, please use the inquiry form below.
- Interior locations include the Main Lobby, Grand Staircase, and the Blackburn Patio/Courtyard.
- These locations are available Mondays and Tuesdays from 9 am – 4 pm, and Wednesdays and Fridays from 4 pm – 5 pm, by appointment. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Fee (includes 1 hour indoors and photography on the grounds at no additional charge): $100
- Two or more successive slots may be reserved.
- Lobby restrooms available for changing. Please call 210-805-1778 for reservations.