The McNay is pleased to provide opportunities for both professional and amateur photographers taking formally posed, portrait-style photographs. Upon arrival, photographers must pay a fee (cash or check is accepted).
Photography on the Museum Grounds:
- Pay fee to the security officer patrolling the grounds.
- Base fee: $20
- For groups of 10 or more: $50
- If a photographer is shooting several different client sessions on the grounds in one day, the fee is charged per client.
- The McNay does not provide changing rooms and restrooms may not be used as changing facilities for those shooting on the grounds. Changing on the grounds is strictly prohibited.
Photography sessions on the grounds: Due to scheduled events, our areas immediately surrounding the mansion may be unavailable after 3 pm. For specific inquiries, please use the inquiry form below.
- Interior locations include the Main Lobby, Grand Staircase, and the Blackburn Patio/Courtyard.
- These locations are available Mondays from 9 am – 4 pm and Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4 pm – 5 pm, by appointment. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Fee (includes 1 hour indoors and photography on the grounds at no additional charge): $100
- Two or more successive slots may be reserved.
- Lobby restrooms available for changing. Please call 210-805-1778 for reservations.