The McNay grounds are open for photography 365 days a year during regular hours (7 am to 6 pm during Standard Time; 7 am to 7 pm during Daylight Saving Time).
Visitors are welcome to take souvenir photos and video of the exterior and interior of the museum for personal use, unless otherwise indicated. However, flash photography and tripods are not permitted inside the galleries.
Under no circumstances may photos taken be used for commercial use or distributed to stock photography houses without prior consent.
For more information, or to book a portrait or commercial shoot, contact Security and Visitor Services at 210.805.1725.
- Do not block walkways, doorways, or entrances.
- Art work, decorative objects, and furniture may not be moved or rearranged, without prior approval.
- Please do not climb on any outdoor sculptures or trees.
- Tripods and light stands (only permitted for commercial photography) must be fitted with rubber feet and may not be placed on antique floor coverings.
- Lighting requiring more than 10 amps must supply its own power pack.
The McNay is not responsible for the loss or damage of equipment or props. The McNay reserves the right to restrict access during museum special events and activities.