Teen Art Guides (TAGs) are a group of creative, quirky, interesting, dedicated high school juniors and seniors who love art! They volunteer during free Thursday nights, Saturday workshops, family programs, Teen Night, and College Night. TAGs learn about art, gain community service hours, plan teen programs, and generally help out where needed.
Interested in becoming a Teen Art Guide? We are currently accepting applications for 2018–2019 season. Click the button APPLY HERE on this page.
Are you eligible?
To be a TAG, you must:
- Be a current sophomore or junior in the San Antonio area.
- Sign a pledge of commitment to program and policies.
- Have reliable transportation to and from the McNay.
- Maintain at least a B average.
- Submit a teacher recommendation.
- Interview with McNay staff.
- Agree to work with the staff, families, and works of art.
- Optional: Media, technology, and Spanish language skills.
What you can expect
- A mentored experience in a museum setting.
- Training for starting conversations about art.
- Information about works of art at the McNay.
- Documentation of community service hours.
What you give
- Arrive early to all training sessions and spring shifts.
- Commit to spending at least ten hours a month on Saturday, Sunday, or Thursday night at the museum.
- Time facilitating teen events.
How to apply
Teen Art Guides apply at the end of their sophomore or junior year to participate in the program during junior or senior year. Applicants interview with McNay staff in May and begin volunteering that summer.
Click the APPLY HERE button below to apply for the 2018-2019 season.