Join on the second Thursday of each month from March through October for live music, art, food, and drinks. Enjoy FREE general Museum admission courtesy of H-E-B during this family-fun event. Bring your blanket and lawn chairs to lounge on the grounds. Experience local talent and themed art workshops at the McNay Fountain. Pets on leashes are always welcome on the grounds. In the event of inclement weather, the concert moves indoors to the Leeper Auditorium. Special thanks to our media sponsor, the San Antonio Current!
- October 10, 6–9 pm – Band: Panic! At The Costco—80s and 90s Alt Rock
- Bring your blanket and lawn chairs to lounge on the grounds while listening to live music.
- Dog-friendly (outside).
- Food trucks on campus
- Beer for purchase by Real Ale Brewing Company.
- As a partner of the McNay Art Museum’s summer exhibition, Transamerica/n: Gender, Identity, Appearance Today, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital will offer free and confidential HIV screenings to our community during the Museum’s free Second Thursday events on August 8 and September 12.
TOURS & GALLERY ADMISSION:
- Tours of the main collection galleries are offered at 6:30 and 7:30 pm.
- Main collection galleries will be free of charge thanks to H-E-B!
Art at the Fountain: Families can enjoy an art-making activity during Second Thursdays at the Koehler Fountain on the grounds.
- October 10, 6–7:30 pm – Stamp Murals
GETTING HERE & PARKING:
- There is free parking at the McNay, but it is limited. These lots are located behind the Jones Building, off of Emporia Blvd and off of N New Braunfels Ave.
- There will be free parking at the annex lot at the corner of Emporia Blvd & Vanderheck St. A shuttle will bring you to and from the McNay. There is no public parking available at Sunset Ridge Church of Christ.