The McNay Art Museum is looking for a Development Officer . All positions Full-Time with benefits (medical insurance, dental, vacation, sick).
Oversees daily operations for the Membership, Visitors Services, and Special Events area of the Development department and assists the Sr. Manager of each group to ensure they are able to fulfill their duties. Manages and controls the data flowing into the Altru database to include all membership and donor records. Maintains the integrity of gift processing procedures and recording into the database, and executes financial reconciling and reporting. Serves as the primary liaison to IT and Blackbaud services.
Essential Job Functions
- Guarantees gifts are reconciled with the Finance Office and discrepancies are identified and resolved.
- Manages all financial, fundraising, KPI, and analysis reports. Prepares fundamental monthly and annual queries and reports accurately and punctually. Assist Sr. Manager of Member & Visitor experience to create lists for special mailings, events, invitations, emails, etc., for Development Department as well as other museum departments as needed. Works with Head of External Affairs to prepare Development Committee materials as necessary.
- Manages and executes gift recognition lists for Impressions magazine, donor boards, and other recognition purposes.
- Manages data integrity in Altru and other Blackbaud products. Oversee accurate updates and maintenance of member, donor, and gift-giving information in the database (including, but not limited to, de-duplicating records and running deceased procedure).
- Responsible for the training of all Altru/Blackbaud users and helps to streamline and integrate the use of the database into all fundraising activities. Resolves basic database problems and issues. Maintains expertise in working with and utilizing the database.
- Ensure safe and secure handling of sensitive financial and gift information by the department.
- Manages and provides quality control for monthly membership renewal letters as well as donor acknowledgment letters for the Development Department.
- Creates and maintains constituent codes into database for prospecting, record-keeping, and tracking purposes.
- Oversee schedule of application and reporting deadlines, including timely acknowledgement of gifts and stewardship activities, in cooperation with pertinent staff.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality, and a friendly, cooperative relationship with Board, staff, volunteers, members, visitors, and all Museum supporters.
- Represent the institution as a member of the Development Team at a variety of community events and functions, as required or requested.
- Maintain professional, and positive team approach in all assignments. Seek to learn about other departments, as well as support each member of the Development Team regardless of task.
- Manage staff of two (2) Sr. Managers and assist them in oversight of their staff members. Provide atmosphere of respect and mentoring, while establishing clear expectations and guidelines for the team.
- Working with Head of External Affairs, prepares operating budget and capital equipment budget for department. Approve all departmental purchase requisitions, ensuring they are within budget set for the fiscal year.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Must have donor database and content management system experience with strong analytical abilities. Proficiency in Blackbaud products a plus but not required. Expertise in query, reports, and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Candidate should be highly organized, have a high level of accuracy and efficiency, have the capacity to work in a rapidly changing environment on multiple ongoing projects, and have a proven track record at delivering results.
Minimum of five years’ experience development, or comparable fundraising experience required.
Must be flexible as to work hours; evening and/or weekend hours are occasionally required.
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources @ email@example.com.
The McNay Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.